Friday 4 March 2016

Chicken & Sweetcorn Soup - The Co-operative

It's happening, the hunger monkeys are knocking at my bellies door!
So i'm having a good day, i'm shifting weight and feeling physically good. It's always the first steps that are the hardest. Now i'm over the line, and on the fitness train and feeling really good about it... even if I am sat here wishing I had bought that creme egg that sat beautifully on the counter at the petrol station. I'll just keep that one in my thought bank for now...
Today's lunch time soup is a fresh tub of chicken & sweetcorn from the Co-operative. I'm super excited about this one! I think I love sweetcorn more than my dog, actually no I don't, I love my dog more, but when she tears the house to pieces I definitely love sweetcorn more than her.


The verdict:

Yep yep yep, that did the golden sweetcorn proud! Such a tasty soup!
When ever I think of a chicken and sweetcorn soup, I always think of the Chinese restaurant version that's watery, salty, and has chunks of funky chicken pieces with about 5 bits of sweetcorn swimming around in it. This was far different from that, it was warming and wholesome. The texture is thick but not too thick, just thick enough to feel like you are getting a real bite from your soup. It's perfectly seasoned and has a good ratio of chicken to sweetcorn. Then there's of course with the added potato that gives this a very homemade feel. My only issue once again is the tub size. why? just, why? I don't plan on sharing with anyone and I don't plan on eating this again within the next 2 days. I can moan all I like and hope that one day the soup creators out there will think of me and my lunch time dilemma. In the meantime I've left the remaining half of the soup it in the communal work fridge, maybe someone will give it a good home.


Souper rating: 4.5 out of 5 - This is one sweetcorn-a-lious soup! Thanks Co-op you've done yourselves proud!



No comments:

Post a Comment