Wednesday 2 March 2016

Spicy Lentil Soup - Marks & Spencer

I'm half way through the week and I'm feeling good. The lunchtime soup stretch is really working. I'm getting all the goodness, feeling full, and I haven't felt bloated in 2 weeks now! Soup is my new best friend! 
Today I have chosen a tub of Marks & Spencer's finest fresh soups. Every time I've had one from their fresh range i haven't been disappointed... So there's still a chance it could happen. There are so many to chose from, but I decided to go for spicy lentil and I'm rather excited! I love spice and I love lentils, what could possibly go wrong? 


The verdict:

Yet again good old M&S has proven to be a success! 
This wonderful soup is not only full of lentils but it's full of chunky vegetables. It's a perfectly balanced cross between an Indian dhal and a traditional soup. The spice is subtle but still has a kick, it's a great introduction to spice for someone slightly weary of it. 
My only issue with this soup is the portion size. I'm sure I have said it before but it's just too much in in tub. It contains 2 portions, so if you buy one for lunch then you have to consume your second portion within 2 days. For some people that might be ok but for me I like variety. Lunchtime is special, it's precious time, so I like to make the most of it and keep excitement in my life and constantly try different things. 



Souper rating: 4.5 out of 5 - if there was an opportunity to be a soup ambassador for Marks and Sparks I would be first in the queue for the job! 

No comments:

Post a Comment