Wednesday 16 March 2016

Classic Chicken Soup - New Covent Garden Soup Co.

Souper Soup time has had some soup time off. It was a much needed mental break. Why does life always seem to get in the way of the positive things you want to achieve in life? Is that too deep for a Soup blog? Possibly.
Anyways i'm back in the game and eating more soup than I ever imagined! Today's lunch was a classic chicken soup by New Covent Garden Soup Co. I would never usually pick a just chicken soup, I always think of creamed chicken being all blended with a jubbly consistency... even saying that is making me panicked about giving this a go! But for the sake of trial and error, and my mission to be more adventurous, i'm going to give this the once over!


The verdict:

I think i'm pleasantly surprised... apart from getting 3rd degree burns on my tongue! I followed the clear as mud instructions and yet this has happened. I want to blame the instructions but I may have to just blame myself for being such a pig and not having any patience. Aside from this the soup was quite nice, it wasn't jubbly as I anticipated. It was buttery and peppery, with a good amount of chicken. I find all of the soups from the New Covent Garden Soup Co. range really well seasoned, sometimes a bit too peppery, but I always think its better to have flavour rather than none at all. My only issues with this soup are the oiliness (from the butter I presume) and the chicken. The chicken is very stringy with very few actual chunks, so when you are eating this soup be warned to may be wear a bib. This isn't the be all and end all of the soup, it could just do with a few more chicken chunks and a little less butter... would be great so eaters don't end up looking like greasy pigs at lunch time.


Souper rating: 4 out of 5 - A surprisingly tasty soup, perfect for those days when you just want a comforting hug at lunch time. 



No comments:

Post a Comment