Monday 21 March 2016

Lentil & Bacon Soup - Marks & Spencer

Soup time is upon us and I'm feeling hungry as usual. Its safe to say I do as my body tells me when I'm hungry, I've always been told this is the right thing to do. Food is fuel, no matter what diet you are trying to follow you need to eat food that fulfills you and satisfy's your bodies needs.
I guess from that you can tell I'm still on the fitness wagon, just. I did a 5km run at the weekend, I felt so good for it! I felt energised and my motivation levels went up so much! I know I can do this I've done it before... but why is it when I got back from my run, all I wanted was a cookie?! Whats that about?? I know after running/exercise your body craves salt and sugars to replenish the loss during the run, but why did it make me fantasise about cookies? I don't even really like them. So I gave in, one cookie won't hurt, will it?

Today's souper treat is a can of lentil and bacon soup, made by Marks & Spencer. I'm really looking forward to trying this, I was sold by the wholesome photo stuck on the front of the can. Good old M&S hasn't failed me yet so hopefully this soup wont disappoint.


The verdict:

Just as I thought... WONderful! M&S has done me proud and made my lunch time one I will want to have again! And for £1 this really is a bargain soup.
The flavours are subtle, there is no spice but that's not what should be expected. Its a traditional combination of green lentils and bacon bits. I was a little dubious when I read through the ingredients, as when I started reading words that I didn't understand, It caused concern, what is it I'm actually eating? Thankfully for M&S the flavour of the soup has managed to sway my mind. Or have I been brain washed by the perfectly seasoned soup, with its chunky bits of vegetables and salty bites of gammon and bacon. All my doubt disappeared after each mouthful, I'm not sure this is a good thing but I'm going with it for now, I'm hungry after all.


Souper rating: 3 out of 5 - If I understood what some of the ingredients were I may have given this soup an even lower rating, but I enjoyed the soup and all its additives. It was my choice at the end of the day, and just like everyone else in this world who have that choice to eat it or leave it, I chose to eat. 




No comments:

Post a Comment