Tuesday 22 March 2016

Italian Tomato & Mascarpone Soup - Morrisons

It's lunchtime! And thanks to the invention of canned products I have a few lunches stashed away in my desk draw at work. My soup of choice today is a can of tomato and mascarpone, made by Morrisons from their signature range. It always makes me chuckle when you see the supermarkets branding their more premium range of products, Tesco with its Finest range, Sainsbury's with its Taste the Difference, Asda with its Extra special range, and now Morrisons with the Signature range. Its like they have a guy sat there thinking of ways to make things sound a bit premium in a variety of ways, that guy must of got an A* in English...
Back to the soup! I wonder if this simple soup combination of flavours will match that of the great Heinz tomato classic, lets find out...


The verdict:

This is more than a soup, this is a taste sensation! wow! My taste buds are blown! It opened up a world of imagination in my mind. I couldn't work out if I was eating a pasta bake sauce, or a slice of cheese pizza?! It tastes just like a real Italian pizza base sauce. A soup that tastes like pizza... this is what dieting dreams are made of! 
The creamy texture mixed with the sweet juicy tomato chunks just melt in your mouth. Its perfectly seasoned and has that Italian herb touch to it, its not at all over bearing it has just the right balance. I honestly cant fault this soup. All I can really say is if you don't like pizza don't try this soup, and if you don't like pizza, what is wrong with you?!!?


Souper rating: 5 out of 5 - There is a God out there. He/She works at Morrisons and invented a relatively healthy soup that tastes just like pizza. God bless you soup inventor.




No comments:

Post a Comment