Thursday 10 March 2016

Chicken & Vegetable Soup - Tesco

Souper Soup'in time! Loving this soup experience at the moment, I'm feeling liberated trying new things, being brave, and sticking to something. That may sound silly as may this blog to some people, but If like me you have a million best intentions running around your brain but never act on them, then you will understand that by writing this blog means more to me than soup.
So here I go again...Today I have chosen a fresh tub of Tesco own chicken and vegetable soup. It looks pretty appetising, although the labeling gives it a cheap tacky kind of feel. The orangey, yellow colouring really doesn't give a good impression, my mind is already thinking this may not be a good experience...


The verdict:

Well. Hmm. This is definitely not one I will be in a hurry to have again. It just didn't taste of anything, I am really surprised, the ingredients list so many versions of chicken, from chicken skin to chicken fat... mmm sounds tasty right? wrong. I can just about taste chicken. The chunks of chicken that exist in this soup don't even look like real chicken, they look reconstituted, and they taste it too. The lack of flavour is the biggest downfall of this soup, if only they put in a few pinches of salt I think it would of made this soup so much better. Its full of vegetables, which are actually really nice, but would be even better with some salt. 
Granted the producers of this soup have thrown in some token herbs, but these still don't help with the flavour. They look like, and taste dried up and old. They add nothing to this soup. Well, that's a bit harsh, they add a scent of herb to the soup and a deceiving homemade look.


Souper rating: 2 out of 5 - The chunky vegetables save this soup, but I really wish there was just a little, just a small sprinkle of S A L T... P L E A S E. Maybe next time Tesco?



No comments:

Post a Comment