Thursday 4 February 2016

Carrot & Coriander Soup - Waitrose

On today's menu I have chosen to go for a carrot & coriander soup. I wouldn't usually go for this particular flavour but today I felt like trying a can for the greater good, and to see if I can be swayed into liking carrot & coriander soup.
Instead of the usual lunchtime fitness walk I headed into town with a friend/colleague, where the luscious green lights of Waitrose shine. Seeing as Waitrose pride them selves on quality produce I thought this may be my best chance to get a can that wont disappoint.


The verdict:

Hmm, well, its easy to say I am not impressed, not disappointed just not impressed. At first glance the contents of the can had a delightful sunshine feel to it, but then I poured, the pouring was the beginning of the end. The soup flowed out like water does from a lime scaly tap. 
Its a rather confusing texture, its incredibly runny but then has some sporadic tiny chunks of carrot floating among flakes of tasteless coriander. It is an edible soup but definitely opens the debate of whether soup is food or drink. I will always say it is a food but can see why people think otherwise, this is a good example for a non food believe to use in a justification battle.


Souper rating: 1.5 out of 5 - It just didn't cut the mustard for me. It was well seasoned and had an OK flavour to it, but it was borderline seasoned water so not really one I would want to waste valuable lunchtime time on. 



No comments:

Post a Comment