Tuesday 23 February 2016

Texan Four Bean Chilli Soup - Glorious!

It's Tuesday and the week is going pretty well thankfully. I've taken yesterdays motivation and gone with it! I'm back on the fitness wagon and still trying to think thin... well less fat.
To go with this upbeat, positive drive I currently have, I have chosen to go for a Glorious! soup. I haven't tried this range before, but I was immediately sold by the unusual flavours they have on offer. They range from Singapore crushed tomato to Cuban creamed corn, to a New England butternut squash soup. These are possibly the most inventive soups I have ever heard of, they all have such fun names and sound like they will take you on a beautiful soup journey...arwwwwwwwwwww
For me, my journey had to be the Texan Four Bean Chilli soup from the aptly named skinnylicious sub range. I love chilli and I love beans! Plus since I have been reading up on chilli pepper and their value I have learnt a lot. They originated from the Americas and belong to the fruit family. Not only do they taste delicious but they are a great aphrodisiac, and can help speed up your metabolism... pass me the chilli!!


The verdict:

I wouldn't say this is glorious, but I would say it's tasty and has its plus points. It was a good soup, there is an abundance of flavours that open up the taste buds. I was definitely taken on a journey, but it felt like a slightly confused one, the title of the soup says Texan, but I feel like went there via India. This wasn't a bad thing, it was more unexpected, and unexpected delight. this soup is certainly not for the faint heart, it packs a mad punch of chilli that awakens the sense... lets just hope it awakens my metabolism whilst its at it!
Its a soup full of beans, tomato, rice, and some really al dente onion chunks which are now starting to repeat on me, not that you wanted to know that, nor does the poor guy who has to sit next to me in the office.


Souper rating: 4 out of 5 - A really yummy soup that has taken me on a worldwide adventure this lunchtime! I will certainly be back to take another Glorious tour!





No comments:

Post a Comment