Monday 29 February 2016

Spring Vegetable Soup - Heinz

Back to the daily grind! And to be fair to Monday, I'm feeling pretty positive about the week ahead. I'm still on the fitness train and its looking good. I managed to control myself and not over indulge too much on the weekend, granted I ate 4 slices of pizza but at least it wasn't a whole one for once. 
Moving on from that misshap, I've started my day with a tasty protein shake... Mmmm... So now I'm hank marvin! (Starving). Today I was pretty rushed and forgot to bring lunch with me to work, luckily a friend at work saved the day and gave me a can of Heinz spring vegetable soup. I can't say I have ever tired or heard of this flavour of soup and seeing as we are entering spring (I think and hope) it would be rude not to give it a go.


The verdict:

Yum yum in my Tum! This was a pleasant surprise. It was full of carrots, swede and peas, it was vegtastic! It has a very delicate flavour, perfectly seasoned, with the added extra of rice. The rice really added to the flavour, it was that sometimes over powering basmati rice, it was more subtle, kind of like a risotto rice. It was warming and wholesome, a real tasty treat for a Monday lunch time.


Souper rating: 5 out of 5 - I really can't find fault with this soup. Like paint, it's done exactly what it said on the tin. Thanks again Heinz! 

No comments:

Post a Comment