Wednesday 3 February 2016

Chunky Vegetable soup with red split lentils - New Covent Garden Soup Co

Today is Wednesday hump day, and i'm feeling like I've caught the hump, but I think i'm just hungry to be honest. I really fancy a soup that is not only factually healthy, but one that tastes it when sipping and biting.
I have chosen a Covent Garden soup, I never buy these soups as I have always thought they are over priced for what they are (£2, that's 2 whole pounds for 600g of soup, that's 2 very small portions of soup or one huge one that's too much). I usually consider them more style over substance, but today I have been sucked in by the pretty milk carton packaging, and the fact this vegetable soup has sweetcorn in it!? I absolutely love sweetcorn, some would say its not a healthy love, but frankly, I just don't give a dam. Plus you never see sweetcorn in a vegetable soup, its usually paired with chicken or something Thai.


The verdict:

Its not hot, its not spicy, its just extremely peppery! woah! This soup has pepper in it, that's clearly evident from the first taste. Aside from this it is a very tasty soup, the chunky vegetables have a perfect texture, with a satisfying bite to the carrots and ever so soft parsnips and swede. The sweetcorn is a massive curve ball with this soup, its almost not right. For me to say that is a statement seeing as I have declared my love for them on the world wide web. The small bursts are delicious alone, but when mixed with sweet parsnip and a ton of pepper, it just does click for me. 
Having got past the pepperiness, I can say I am full and satisfied. 
Even though I said previously I thought this soup was rather expensive, I may have to take this back. How much should a fresh soup cost? Especially a fresh soup that contains fresh ingredients and no crazy words that I don't understand. It's a tasty soup, it did its job, and I am nearly over the hump for the day, so its helped really.


Souper rating: 3.5 out of 5 - Even if my breath smells like I've been sucking on peppercorns, its a good one, Covent Garden can have my business back again.
  


No comments:

Post a Comment