Wednesday 24 February 2016

Chickpea & Spinach Soup - M NuMe (Morrisons)

Happy hump day! Only half way to go!
For some reason I keep thinking it's Thursday and then realising its not, and then feel absolutely devastated... can you tell I've run out of enthusiasm this week?
Anyways, its not so bad it's lunch time and i'm ready for my soup. I ventured to the local Morrisons with a friend from work. I made a beeline for the canned soup aisle, but was then swayed by the smell of fresh bread baking away, so I had to make a mini detour to fantasize and drool over the freshly baked treats that taunt me... back on the soup mission!
I never realised how many soup varieties are actually out there, there's just so much choice. I decided to pick one from a brand I had never heard of before, I chose a can of Chickpea & Spinach Soup - M NuMe... M NuMe? Not sure about the name to be honest, feels like the branding guys set themselves high expectations with this one. NuMe = new me? Really? Am I actually going to be a new person after eating this soup? Well I'm going to give it a try and if I don't turn into a rich princess I want my money back!


The verdict:

So I'm not a princess and my pocket is 45 pence lighter. BUT, I am full and pleasantly satisfied. This soup is pretty good, not only is it 1 of your 5 a day, but its packed with goodness and stays true to its packaging selling point, its healthy and full of tasty ingredients. As for the packaging, it turns out that the M in the NuMe brand is actually Morrisons! It's really hard to tell at a first glance, it makes me question there branding team though, why cover up that this is in fact a Morrsions own soup? weird...
At first I thought this would taste like a Indian chana massala curry, It had the consistency and look of one. The taste then reigned my view in a little, it has a Indian taste to it, but in a good way its not over powering. It tastes really healthy and in my book that's a good start to a good soup. My only issue with this soup is the consistency, at first it looked nice and stodgy, but then after the 2 and half minute heat up in the microwave it was quite runny. I didn't have a big issue with this as it is a soup and that's how soups generally are. I just felt it need a bit more thickness to it, a bit more gloop, and I mean good gloop, not the kind you get congealed on top of last nights curry left overs. 


Souper rating: 4 out of 5 - Morrisons you did good. Not only did you create a NEW tasty soup, but a whole newly branded range. I can't wait to see whats to come!



No comments:

Post a Comment