Tuesday 9 February 2016

Roast Chicken Soup With Traditional Veg - Yorkshire Provender

Back on the soup! Yesterday I felt a little under the weather and decided on eating banana on toast for lunch, I soon realised why I haven't eaten this since I was 10yrs old... eurgh.
Whilst perusing the aisles of Tesco I came across some special offer fresh soups. £1 for a perfectly portioned soup, the portion size being 400g. This is what soups should be, I know I have ranted about this previously, but its true this is the right size to feel fulfilled. So I feel like i'm off to a good start, but then again some do say size isn't everything.
I have chosen to go for a Yorkshire Provender range, the roast chicken and traditional veg option. I have never heard of this range before but I am totally sold by the packaging. It's very exciting, advertising healthy facts, telling me to feel loved, oh, and that it's gluten free, I feel like i'm winning today!


The verdict:

yum yum yum! This is one tasty fresh soup, in each bite you feel like something fresh is going in. The consistency is almost stew like with torn chunks of chicken and light cubed pieces of carrot, celery, parsnip. Its full of homely comforting flavours, but that maybe because of the amount of cream added to this moreish soup. It's not too thick and not to runny, its just right, So much so I think Goldie locks would approve.
Although the veggies to chicken ratio is very acceptable, I would say they should re-evaluate the amount of leek added. Its just that bit to stringy which makes it a little hard to eat in a delicate manner. I say this as most of the time I have a desk lunch, and I am sat with colleagues whom have had the fun of seeing me with stringy green veggies all down my face today. Its not to bad though as I got enjoyment out of  the soup and so did they.


Souper rating: 4 out of 5 A really tasty soup! I will definitely be exploring the other flavours from the range. Its healthy, tasty, and portion control has been taken into account even though I could of eaten a ton more, but that's me just being a greedy pig.




No comments:

Post a Comment